RSS, Really Simple Syndication, is a Really Simple Way to keep up with the latest news from the Stumpjumpers.
- Latest Results: the feed includes the most recent results posted.
- Upcoming Events: the feed includes the most recent event announcement posts.
- Latest Photos: the most recent photos for our events and fun days.
- Latest News: the feed is for general sjmc news.
- Latest Forum Posts: the most recent posts in the Stumpjumpers forum.
- Recent Comments: the most recent comments on the site.
I’ve never heard of this. How the heck do you do it?
How you subscribe depends on your reader. Here are a few examples:
- If use Internet Explorer 7 and want to use their new feed reader.
- When you surf to a page that enables feeds, the logo near your address bar will turn orange.
- Click the arrow to the right of the logo. You’ll see a list of available feeds. (Don’t worry about the difference between Atom and RSS; Either one will work!)
- Click any feed and you’ll be taken to a preview of that feed. Then click “subscribe to this feed”.
- You can now view the feed by clicking the star icon near the top of the browser window. Click the orange “feeds” logo and enjoy!
- If you use Firefox, you’ll add feeds as “Live Bookmarks”.
- When you surf to a page that enables feeds, an orange will appear in the the address bar, next to the url..
- Click that logo. You’ll see the option to add a feed to your Live Bookmarks.
- Your feed will be displayed as a bookmark. You can go to Bookmarks > Manage Bookmarks to make changes to that feed.
- Google provides a great news reader, you can find it here: Google News Reader
That’s all there is to it. Your feed will be updated periodically.